Salmon tataki with mustard miso
( SERVES 4 )
Photo by Michael Craig
- Heat a pan on high with a little vegetable oil and sear the salmon for about 30 seconds on each side.
- The salmon should be nicely seared on the outside and still pink in the middle, in the traditional style of tataki.
- Combine the white miso, sugar, apple juice and ginger juice with the mustard powder in a sauce pan.
- Whisk together and warm the mixture over a gentle heat to dissolve the sugar and form and smooth wet base. Set aside to cool.
- Add the rice bran oil and lemon juice and stir gently to combine. Do not mix.
- To serve, thinly slice the salmon and lay over the daikon.
- Spoon over the mustard miso, sprinkle with rice crackers and finish with a few borage flowers.