Grilled bacon, garlic and parmesan mussels
( MAKES 12 )
These delicious plump morsels make an economical starter or light platter that can be made in advance, and placed under the grill at the last minute. Try this delectable topping with scallops or oysters, too.
- Preheat the oven to 190C fan grill or similar.
- Line a tray with baking paper. Steam the mussels open in a large saucepan with a few inches of water for 3-4 minutes until they spring open.
- Cool, remove the top shell, and then loosen the mussels from the bottom to make them easier to eat.
- Arrange the half shells on the lined tray and add a teaspoon of Worcestershire to each.
- Spoon over a little combined sour cream, garlic and chives.
- Top with a few bacon strips and sprinkle with parmesan.
- Chill until required, then grill for 8-10 minutes until bubbling and golden.