Thai tea bag
( SERVES 6 )
In Thailand, drinks are often served in plastic bags on the street. I’m not sure why, but I presume it’s because bags are so cheap. It’s like carrying around a bag of goldfish, except you can drink the liquid!
|3 Tbsp||Black tea leaves|
|3 cups||Water, boiling|
|3 tsp||Stevia granules (sugar substitute)|
- For thes Syrup, in a large heatproof jug, place spices and black tea leaves and pour over boiling water.
- Leave to cool and infuse.
- Strain through a fine sieve into another jug and stir in stevia.
- For the tea bags, put ice, tea syrup and milk into a jug.
- Stand six plastic bags in six glasses, and pour in iced tea.
- Add a few mint leaves and drink with a straw.
You will also need 6 plastic lolly bags and 6 straws.