Snapper tartare with avocado
( SERVES 4 )
Photo by Babiche Martens
|¼||Cucumber, peeled, seeded, diced finely|
|1 to taste||Salt & freshly ground pepper|
|250 g||Snapper fillets|
|100 g||Potatoes, peeled and diced small|
|1||Shallot, finely diced|
|1 Tbsp||Dill, or parsley|
|1 tsp||Lemon, zest|
|½ cup||Mayonnaise, good-quality|
- Cut snapper into cubes.
- Salt the cucumber and set aside for 20 minutes, then rinse under cold water and pat dry.
- Put potatoes into boiling water and cook until just tender. Drain and cool.
- In a bowl, mix snapper, cucumber, potato, pepper, shallot, herbs and zest.
- Add mayonnaise and combine. Refrigerate until needed.
- For the sauce topping, mix sour cream, horseradish, juice, cayenne and herbs in a small bowl.
- Place a 6-7cm pastry ring on a plate and fill with a quarter of the snapper mix, pushing it down gently.
- Smooth the top. Remove the ring gently, running a sharp knife around the circumference if necessary.
- Repeat for the rest of the mixture. Place a dollop of sauce on the top of each.
- Slice the avocado and arrange it on the plate beside the snapper.
- Drizzle with a little lemon juice and freshly ground pepper.