Grilled Citrus Mousse
( SERVES 6 )
|¼ cup||Lemon juice|
|¼ cup||Orange juice|
|1 tsp||Lemon, grated rind|
|1 tsp||Orange, finely grated rind|
|½ cup||Caster sugar|
|2 tsp||Gelatine, powdered|
|1 cup||Cream, lightly whipped|
|3 Tbsp||Icing sugar|
- Lightly grease six, 3/4-cup ramekins.
- Whisk egg yolks, juices, rinds, salt and caster sugar, then put in the top part of a double boiler.
- Stir over gently simmering water until thick and the mixture coats the back of a spoon.
- Soak the gelatine in the 2 tablespoons of water, then dissolve over hot water or in the microwave.
- Stir into egg mixture. Cool. Fold in whipped cream. Pour into ramekins. Refrigerate to set.
- Turn grill on high. Lightly dust the mousse with icing sugar.
- Grill quickly until the sugar browns.