Spicy blue cod
Photo by Jason Burgess
- Make a bed of baby leeks in a baking dish. Thinly slice a few lemons and sit these on the leeks.
- Cut up the cod into chunky, bite-sized pieces and arrange these on the leek and lemon base.
- Add a bit of white wine and oil, salt and pepper and a few slices of red chili (deseeded for a less searing heat).
- Seal the dish with tin foil and bake it in a hot oven for 10 minutes. Remove the dish from the oven, let it cool, leaving the foil on.
- Put the poaching liquid into a pan and reduce it until it has a sauce-like consistency, then allow to cool.
- To serve, spread around a few crunchy salad leaves on a platter then use a slotted spoon to pile up the fish bits, lemon slices and leek strips.
- Pour the cooled poaching liquid over the fish and dot with a little chilli sauce .