Coconut Bread & Butter Pudding
- Preheat oven to 160 degC.
- Butter a baking dish (ideally, 4 slices of bread should fit in the dish in one layer).
- Butter all 8 slices of bread on both sides and sit 4 in the dish.
- Sprinkle with half the toasted coconut.
- Whisk the eggs, sugar, orange zest,vanilla and coconut milk together and pour 1/3 of the mixture over the bread.
- Lay on the next 4 slices of bread, sprinkle with the remaining coconut and pour on the remaining egg mixture.
- Press the bread down gently into the cream mixture.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes, until the custard has set. Insert a sharp knife or toothpick to check – it shouldn’t be too moist.
- To serve, simply scoop the pudding onto a plate and scatter with fresh fruit, adding runny cream or yoghurt if you like.