Thai beef salad
( SERVES 6 )
Photo by Doug Sherring
Beef & Dressing
|500 g||Beef rump steaks|
|1½ Tbsp||Fresh lime juice|
|1 Tbsp||Palm sugar, dark, finely chopped|
|1 Tbsp||Fish sauce|
|2 tsp||Sesame oil|
|1 tsp||Soy sauce|
|2 tsp||Fresh ginger, grated|
|1 clove||Crushed garlic|
- Place the steak in a glass or ceramic dish. Drizzle with half the dressing.
- Cover with plastic wrap and place in the fridge for two hours to develop the flavours. Turn occasionally.
- For the dressing, whisk together the above ingredients. Arrange the salad ingredients as a base on the plates.
- Grill the steak for 2-3 minutes each side on a high heat to sear well on the outside but leave the centre rare. Transfer to a plate. Cover with foil and set aside for 10 minutes to rest.
- Thinly slice the meat and arrange over the top of the salad. Dress with the remaining dressing. Garnish with peanuts and kaffir lime leaves