Curried parsnip soup
( SERVES 5 )
- Cook the onion and the garlic in a little olive oil until soft. Allow a good 3 to 4 minutes for this stage. Add the curry powder and the peeled and sliced parsnips.
- Sweat for 5 minutes, making sure the parsnips do not stick to the pan.
- Add the chicken stock and bring to the boil. Simmer for 30 to 45 minutes and add salt and pepper to taste.
- Purée in a food processor or with a hand-held blender, then add the freshly chopped parsley and milk just prior to serving.
- Crumble the blue cheese into serving bowls. Pour over the hot soup, top with 1 Tbsp chopped parsley and parsnip curls, if desired, and serve.
Make parsnip curls by peeling a parsnip with a vege peeler. Fry the peelings in hot oil for a few seconds or until they are lightly coloured. Drain, then use as a garnish.