Cheese, chutney and ham pinwheels
( SERVES 8 )
We recommend you use frozen puff-pastry sheets. They come in packets of five, so the leftover sheet can be made into little apple tarts for the kids.
- Place the pastry sheets on the bench. Brush lightly with beaten egg, reserving some.
- Season with salt and pepper. Smear the chutney lightly over each pastry sheet.
- Scatter the ham, spring onion and 1 cup of the grated cheese over the pastry sheets.
- Take care to leave 2mm free of topping on each side.
- Roll up each pastry sheet so you have what looks like a Swiss roll. Press to seal.
- Trim the edges then cut each sheet into thin pieces, approximately 4-5mm. Press flat and place on a baking paper-lined tray.
- Brush with the reserved egg and scatter the remaining ½ cup of cheese over the pinwheels.
- Preheat oven to 220C bake or 200C fan bake.
- Rest the pinwheels for 15 to 20 minutes in the fridge.
- Bake pinwheels for 10 to 15 minutes, or until golden.