Pumpkin and cheese pancakes
( SERVES 20 )
Photo by Sophie Barclay
- Place the grated pumpkin on a plate.
- Beat the eggs in a bowl with the flour and seasoning to make a smooth batter.
- Add the pumpkin, sage and sunflower seeds mixing in well.
- Heat a heavy based frying pan and moisten the surface with a tablespoon or two of oil.
- When it is hot drop in tablespoons of the batter to make the pancakes.
- You can cook about 4-5 at a time, over gentle heat.
- Turn them to cook to a golden colour on each side and then place on a paper towel to absorb any excess oil.
- Serve at once with lemon wedges.
- The pancakes can be kept warm by covering with tinfoil but are best eaten straight from the pan.
- Makes about 20 small pancakes.