Green Vegetable & Seafood Curry
( SERVES 4 )
If you avoid curries because you’re concerned about the fat in the coconut milk-based recipes, try out this this lighter variation.
|500 g||Courgettes, thickly sliced|
|2 Tbsp||Sunflower oil|
|2 Tbsp||Fresh ginger, finely chopped|
|1 tsp||Cumin seeds|
|1||Red chilli, deseeded and finely chopped|
|1 tsp||Ground coriander|
|1½ tsp||Ground turmeric|
|6 cloves||Crushed garlic|
|400 g||Canned tomatoes, Indial-style (can)|
|100 g||Tomatoes, chopped, fresh|
|150 ml||Vegetable stock|
|500 g||Raw prawn cutlets, thawed|
|1 handful||Coriander, roughly chopped|
- Heat the oil in a large wok and stir-fry the courgettes for 3 to 4 minutes until softened.
- Remove from the pan with a slotted spoon, leaving the oil behind.
- Add the cumin seeds to the pan and toast for a few seconds, then add the ginger, garlic, chilli, coriander and turmeric.
- Cook, stirring, for 1 to 2 minutes. Then tip in the canned and fresh tomatoes and cook for a few minutes more.
- Pour in the stock and simmer for 10 to 15 minutes to make a pulpy sauce. Add the courgettes and thawed prawns.
- Cook gently until the prawns change from grey to pink and the courgettes are tender, but not too soft.
- Stir in most of the coriander. Serve with the remaining coriander sprinkled over the top. For a more hearty dish, serve with rice.