Low-fat vegetarian lasagne
( SERVES 6 )
- Preheat the oven to 180C.
- Steam the spinach until wilted. Place in a strainer and squeeze out the water. Finely chop, then squeeze again. Combine with the grated carrots.
- Combine the pasta sauce with the fennel seeds and chilli flakes.
- Beat the cottage cheese until fairly smooth. Fold in the spinach and carrots. Stir in the egg, mozzarella and parmesan. Set aside.
- Spread 3-4 tablespoons of pasta sauce mixture on the bottom of a 20cm oven-proof square pan.
- Top with a layer of lasagne. Spread with a ? of the cheese and vegetable mixture and top with a ? of the pasta sauce mixture.
- Repeat, making three layers, ending with the sauce. Top with the extra parmesan.
- Cover the lasagne with foil, ensuring it does not touch the cheese on top. Bake for 1 hour, uncovering during the last 10 minutes of cooking.
- Remove from the oven and allow to set for 10 minutes before cutting. Garnish with fresh basil.