Flourless chocolate cakes with mint sorbet (gluten-free)
( SERVES 6 )
|180 g||Dark chocolate|
|50 g||Espresso coffee, powder|
|20 g||Cocoa powder|
|¾ cup||Caster sugar|
- Pre-heat oven to 180C. Grease individual large muffin tins or moulds. In a heavy based saucepan gently melt the chocolate and butter together.
- Remove from the heat and add the espresso, cocoa and egg yolks, stirring to combine.
- Whisk the egg whites until soft peaks hold then gradually add the sugar while continuing to whisk. Fold into the chocolate mixture and pour into the tins.
- Bake approximately 15 minutes or until an inserted skewer comes out clean.
- To make the mint sorbet, put the water, sugar and coconut milk in a heavy-based saucepan. Bring to a boil and stir until the sugar has dissolved. Reduce heat and simmer for 5 minutes, cool. Stir in the coconut and lime juice. Freeze for 2 hours then spoon into a food processor with the mint and whiz for 20 seconds. Return to the freezer until firm. Serve with the chocolate cakes.