Carrot and orange salad
Photo by Jason Burgess
- Peel the carrots. Place into a saucepan and cover with water.
- Add the sugar, bring to the boil and cook until firm.
- Drain and then dry. Cut into julienne or grate.
- Saut the garlic in a fry pan with olive oil, add carrots and fresh herbs and season with cumin, salt and pepper. Set aside until cold.
- Add the orange juice and sliced orange, add a touch of orange blossom water and mix well.
- Serve with fresh mint leaves, sliced orange and roasted almonds.