Lamb souvlaki with flatbreads
( SERVES 4 )
|1 kg||Lamb shoulder, cut into 2cm cubes|
|1||Lemon, zest and juice|
|1 tsp||Chilli flakes|
|2 Tbsp||Extra virgin olive oil|
|1 to taste||Salt & freshly ground pepper|
- In a medium-sized bowl place the lamb, lemon, oregano, chilli, and olive oil. Stir until well combined, then leave to marinate for 2-3 hours or overnight.
- To make the flatbreads place the flour, yeast and salt into a large bowl, add the oil and water and mix until it comes together as a dough. Place onto a floured bench and knead for 4 or 5 minutes until elastic and smooth. Place into a lightly oiled bowl, cover and leave for 1 hour.
- Divide the dough into four small balls and roll each to a 2-3mm thickness. Place on a lined baking tray and rest, covered, for 10 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 200C.
- Brush the flatbreads with olive oil, sprinkle with sea salt, and bake for 5 minutes. Keep warm in a clean tea towel.
- Thread 7 or 8 pieces of lamb on to each metal skewer.
- Preheat a barbecue and cook the skewers for 7-8 minutes, turning once or twice to ensure even cooking.
- Serve with the flatbread, some tzatziki, tomatoes, and lemon wedges.