Gooseberries with sable biscuits and honey cream
( SERVES 4 )
- In the bowl of a food processor put the flour, almonds, sugar and salt and whiz for a few seconds to combine. Add the butter and after 5 seconds add the egg and yolk.
- Stop the machine as soon as the mix starts to hold together. Form the dough into a cylinder, wrap in plastic wrap and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 180C, remove the dough from the fridge, line a tray with baking paper. Remove the plastic wrap and cut slices into circles about 5mm thick.
- Place on baking tray allowing some room for spreading. Bake for 10 minutes or until starting to colour, cool a little, then transfer to a rack.
- Whip the cream and fold in the honey. To serve, layer a biscuit with cream then berries and repeat, dusting with icing sugar to finish.