Jane's New Year in nice pasta sauce
- Take 12 big fat juicy tomatoes and dice them. Sweat them down in their own juices over a moderate heat.
- Pass them trough a mouli or blitz them and sieve to remove the skin and pips.
- Return this paste to the pan adding 5 chopped garlic cloves and 5 dried bird's eye chillies.
- Simmer gently to introduce the garlic and chilli, then, judging by eye, double the volume of the tomato sauce by adding an equal quantity of olive oil.
- Mix, although this will not integrate totally and the sauce will be oily. It's meant to be.
- Before serving throw in a large handful of chopped flat leaf parsley and stir through.
- Mix through the warm cooked pasta of your choice and pile onto serving plates.