Photo by Jason Dorday
|5||Mushrooms, large (as many as you like)|
|1 to taste||Salt & freshly ground pepper|
|1 Tbsp||Butter, or oil|
- Turn your oven to medium.
- Place some large mushrooms in a baking dish, season well, pour a little beef stock over them and a tablespoon of butter or oil.
- Bake in the oven for a good 15 minutes.
- Heat your frypan to cook the T-Bone. Add a little oil and cook one side first. Turn only once, seasoning the cooked side well.
- When cooked to your liking, remove from the pan and place it with the mushrooms in the oven. Turn the oven to low.
- To make the sauce: drain the juices from the mush-rooms into the pan in which you cooked the steak.
- Put this back on the heat and if needed add a bit more beef stock. Reduce this liquid until you have a nice coating.
- Plate up the mushrooms and the T-Bone. Drain any further juices into your sauce, reduce a bit more and swirl a tiny bit of butter into the sauce to give it a shine.
- Pour over the steak and mushrooms, then savour your efforts.
Tip: Some mustard and a horseradish cream would be nice on the side, as would a big bowl of mashed potatoes.