Photo by Doug Sherring
- The dried egg noodles we got from the market were quickly cooked in boiling water and drained.
- We ran the prawns under cold water to thaw them and then dried them with paper towels.
- We cut up the garlic chives, the choy sum (a Chinese green like Bok Choy), podded a few peas, peeled some more garlic and mashed it up. I think we had a few beans left so we cut these into little pieces.
- Now heat up some oil in a pan or wok. Add the garlic and when starting to cook, add the prawns, cooking a few at a time and then keeping them warm.
- When you have cooked all the prawns add your veges to the pan and cook until just wilted. They should still be a bit crunchy.
- Quickly add some sweet chilli sauce and a bit of soy sauce to the veges.
- Run the cooked noodles under hot water to warm up. Drain and put in a bowl.
- Put the cooked veges on top and then put the prawns on top of the veges.
- Once you've prepared all the bits and pieces this is quicker than two-minute noodles to put together, and much tastier and better for you!