Choko pickle recipe
Chokos are green prickly things which look a bit like a pear.
- Peel chokos if needed, cut up very fine or mince. Add chopped onions.
- Sprinkle sugar over and stand a while. If liquid forms, drain off, but keep in case it is needed later.
- Add pineapple, salt, turmeric and mustard with vinegar to almost cover. Boil slowly 1 hour.
- Remove about 3 cups vinegar and set aside to cool.
- Mix the vinegar with the flour and pour slowly back into the pot while stirring to thicken the pickle, adding other liquid if needed.
- Bottle while hot and seal with wax when cold.