Spaghetti with cabbage
( SERVES 4 )
|4 handfuls||Spaghetti, or similar long pasta|
|3 medium||Potatoes, peeled and cut into 1cm cubes|
|1 Tbsp||Olive oil|
|2 cloves||Garlic, partly crushed|
|1 sprig||Rosemary, leaves chopped|
|2 Tbsp||Grated parmesan cheese|
|2 Tbsp||Extra virgin olive oil, for serving|
|1 Tbsp||Chopped parsley|
- Bring a large amount of water to the boil and add the salt.
- Add the pasta and boil for the time recommended on the packet (10-12 minutes). For 12-minute pasta, trickle the potatoes in after five minutes and the cabbage after 10.
- While the pasta is cooking, heat the first measure of olive oil in a large frying pan and cook the crushed garlic and chopped rosemary leaves, until the garlic just begins to change colour.
- When the pasta is cooked, drain it thoroughly and add to the pan with most of the grated cheese and 1 Tbsp extra-virgin olive oil.
- Toss thoroughly, season to taste with salt and pepper and then transfer to warmed serving bowls.
- Sprinkle with the remaining cheese and oil and scatter parsley on top.