Turkey and ham parcels
( SERVES 8 )
This dish is perfect for the cook who wants to be able to control portions and who loves dishing up to be easy on Christmas Day.
|2 Tbsp||Canola oil, for cooking|
|480 g||Turkey breasts, cut into 2 1/2cm pieces|
|500 g||Champagne ham, cut into 2 1/2 cm pieces|
|2 cups||Corn kernels|
|1 Tbsp||Sage, dried|
|1 cup||Fresh parsley, chopped|
|1 cup||Cranberries, dried sweetened|
|250 g||Sour cream|
|24 sheets||Filo pastry|
|1 can||Canola oil, for spraying filo pastry|
|2 Tbsp||Poppy seeds|
- Heat a little canola oil in a large pan and cook the turkey in batches very lightly for only 30 seconds each side, so there’s still a little pink in the meat.
- Place the turkey, ham, corn, sage, parsley, cranberries and sour cream in a bowl, season with salt and pepper.
- Lay one sheet of filo vertically on the bench, spray it lightly with oil, then repeat with more filo until you have 3 layers. Cover the remaining filo pastry with a damp tea towel to stop it drying out.
- Preheat the oven to 180C (fan bake).
- Place 1 cup of the turkey mixture at the bottom edge of the layered filo. Wrap the pastry around it to create a large sausage shape, then pull in the sides to create a parcel.
- Lightly spray the completed parcel with canola oil and top with a few poppy seeds.
- Repeat the process to make eight parcels, then place the parcels on a tray and bake for 25-30 minutes until they’re a light golden brown.