Bacon and egg salad
( SERVES 4 )
Photo by Carolyn Robertson
- Hard-boil quail eggs for 3 minutes, or hen's eggs for 6 minutes, then plunge into cold water.
- Once cold, peel and halve quail eggs or quarter hen's eggs.
- Put spinach and cherry tomatoes in a serving bowl. Scatter with eggs and season with salt and pepper.
- Heat a pan with a little oil, add bacon and cook until crisp and brown.
- Remove from heat. Add balsamic vinegar to the pan, then oil and stir to form a warm dressing.
- Pour over salad and serve scattered with basil.