Fresh goat's cheese tarts with red pepper and thyme
Photo by Carolyn Robertson
- Preheat oven to 180C. Lightly brush a standard 12-hole muffin pan with olive oil.
- Lay one sheet of filo pastry on a dry work surface and brush lightly with oil.
- Lay a second sheet of filo on top of the first and brush with oil.
- Continue in the same way with two more filo layers. Cut the pastry into six equal squares.
- Repeat process with remaining four sheets of filo.
- Line each muffin hole with one square of pastry, pressing pastry to fit neatly.
- Bake for 5 minutes until pale golden.
- In a bowl, combine goat's cheese with cream beating until smooth.
- Beat in eggs and season with salt and pepper.
- Divide mixture between tart shells and top with a few slices of red pepper and some thyme leaves.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes or until filling is just set and pastry is golden brown.