Chicken escalopes with parsley and capers
( SERVES 2 )
- Lightly pat both sides of the chicken with the flour. Heat the oil with the garlic in a large frying pan over a medium-high heat and add the chicken. Season with salt and pepper.
- Fry until golden on the bottom, then turn and season the cooked sides with salt and pepper.
- When both sides are golden, squeeze in the lemon juice. Lower the heat and add the capers, half the parsley and the chicken stock or hot water.
- Let it bubble up, then put a lid on the pan and cook for an extra minute or two to make sure that the chicken is cooked through, but still soft and moist and with a little liquid remaining in the pan.
- Turn off the heat and leave the pan with the lid on for a few minutes. Add the remaining parsley and serve immediately with the pan sauce poured over the top. Discard - or eat - the garlic.