Nectarine, sour cream and almond muffins
( MAKES 12 )
Photo by Babiche Martens
- Preheat oven to 180C. Put ¼ cup of the nectarines aside.
- Spray or grease the muffin tins.
- Mix the flour, almonds and sugar together in a large bowl.
- Whisk the vanilla, eggs, oil and buttermilk together then add to the dry mixture. Add the nectarines then fold until just combined.
- Spoon into the prepared tins and bake for approximately 20 minutes or until browned on top. When cool, slice and add a teaspoon of sour cream, some toasted flaked almonds and remaining nectarine.