Greek yoghurt, honey and orange syrup cake
( SERVES 12 )
Photo by Carolyn Robertson
|250 g||Butter, softened|
|1||Orange, freshly zested and juiced|
|1 cup||Caster sugar|
|¾ cup||Greek yoghurt|
|½ cup||Semolina flour|
|2½ cups||Self raising flour|
- Preheat oven to 175C. Grease and flour a ring-tin.
- Cream butter, orange zest and sugar together until pale. Beat in orange juice and eggs. Stir in Greek yoghurt.
- Carefully stir in semolina and sifted flour.
- Pour into prepared tin and bake for 50 minutes or until cake tests cooked when a skewer inserted comes out clean.
- Turn out on a wire rack to cool.
- Place orange zest and juice, water and honey in a saucepan and bring to the boil. Simmer for 3-5 minutes to form a syrup.
- Pour hot syrup over cooled cake. Slice to serve with Greek yoghurt on the side.