Dylan's baked trout
Brought up on the shores of Lake Tarawera, chef Dylan Wright has had a steady supply of fresh rainbow trout to experiment with. The following recipe is one of his favorites and is very simple.
However, you must remember to catch a trout first.
- Fillet the trout, do not skin.
- Lay fillets out on a baking tray, skin side down.
- Put sun-dried tomatoes, bread, garlic and mixed herbs in a kitchen whizz.
- Add oil from the sun-dried tomatoes and blend to a firm moist consistency.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Completely cover both fillets with the mixture and firmly mold to the fillet by hand.
- Bake for 15 minutes at 180 degC.
- Serve with lemon juice and a freshly tossed salad.