Mout-Mulled Pork Chops
( SERVES 4 )
I cooked these chops in Old Mout Hot Berry Cider. (Mout rhymes with fruit.) This cider can be heated and enjoyed during winter. You could use cranberry drink to replace the cider.
- Preheat oven to 190 degC. Saute onion and garlic in the oil, until softened.
- Spread in a large shallow baking dish.
- Snip fat around the edges of the chops to prevent curling during cooking.
- Place on top of onion mixture.
- Combine remaining ingredients. Pour over chops.
- Cover tightly and cook in oven for about 45 minutes.
- Kumara can be baked in the oven at the same time.