Lemon buttermilk pudding with berries
( SERVES 8 )
- Preheat the oven to 175C. Squash the raspberries with a fork, or chop the strawberries into little pieces and dust with a little extra sugar.
- Set aside. Butter 8 ramekins.
- In a bowl whisk the buttermilk, half the sugar, the 4 egg yolks, lemon zest and juice, flour and butter (melted).
- In another bowl beat 3 egg whites to soft peaks, then gradually add the remaining sugar, beating until stiff.
- Fold a spoonful of beaten whites into the yolk mixture, then the remaining whites in 2 more additions.
- Divide among the ramekins (they will be really full) and place them in a roasting pan. Half fill the pan with warm water and bake for 25 minutes.
- Leave until cold. When ready to serve, put a spoonful of the berry sauce on the centre of each one.