( SERVES 10 )
- Heat the oven to 200C. Roughly chop the figs and prunes and add the raisins.
- Mix the hot water (½ cup) with the honey and lemon zest and pour it over the fruit. In a bowl combine the yeast with the sugar, water (300ml) and salt.
- Add 1 egg and flour and make a smooth dough using the dough hook on low speed for about 15 minutes.
- Cover the bowl with a damp tea towel to prove the dough for 1 hour.
- Drain the fruit, reserving the liquid. Stir the cinnamon into the fruit and knead it into the dough.
- Tip the dough onto a floured bench, shape it into loaves, and place on a greased and floured baking tray.
- Place somewhere warm to prove again for 20 minutes.
- Mix a little leftover syrup with the 1 beaten egg and brush it on top of the loaves.
- Bake for 15 minutes. Remove the bread from the oven, brush again with the syrup,
- lower the temperature to 180C and return to the oven for a further 25 minutes. Cool on a wire rack.