Fish & bacon wrap with rice vinegar drizzle
( SERVES 2 )
Japanese rice Vinegar or Su, is produced in a number of strengths but all are still milder than most Western vinegars. Lightness and relative sweetness are characteristics. Su flavours sushi as well as soups, dressings, sweet-and-sour and fish dishes. I love raw oysters dipped in Su.
- Ensure the fillets are skinned and boned and form them into neat shapes.
- Starting at one end, wrap each fillet in bacon.
- Secure with toothpicks and season with oregano and black pepper.
- Heat the oil in a non-stick frying pan.
- Pan-fry the fillets for about 5-8 minutes, depending on the thickness. Turn often.
- Remove to a warm plate, cover and keep warm.
- Deglaze pan with rice vinegar. Stir in the sour cream, heat and drizzle over fish.