Tamarillo and Apple Crumble
( SERVES 4 )
The taste of tamarillos can add something special to almost any dish. Jan Bilton's Tamarillo Cookbook clearly establishes the tamarillo as one of the most versatile fruits available.
|1 cup||Brown sugar|
|1 cup||Rolled oats|
|¼ cup||Wholemeal flour|
|1 tsp||Ground cinnamon|
- Preheat the oven to 180 degC. Combine all ingredients for topping and place to one side.
- Slice four tamarillos and combine with the apples, sugar and custard powder.
- Place in a 20-23cm baking dish. Press topping over the fruit.
- Bake for 15 minutes. Halve remaining tamarillos lengthwise leaving stalks on if possible.
- Place on top of crumble. Continue baking for 20 minutes, until cooked and bubbling.
Tip: Great with cream or icecream.