Duck in wonton baskets
Buying a ready-cooked duck from a Chinese market can make for easy entertaining. It is also economical and you will get a product that is almost impossible to replicate in the home kitchen. These ducks are cooked hanging in the oven and basted with delicious marinades.
- Shred the duck.
- Slice spring onion and cucumber into a small dice and mix this with some grated carrot and very finely sliced green cabbage.
- Dress this with a little sesame oil and lemon juice.
- You could add tiny bits of deseeded red chilli, chopped mint and coriander.
- Using muffin tins, spray with cooking oil, and gently push the wonton wrappers into the spaces.
- Lightly spray again. Place in a moderate oven and keep a close watch. In a few minutes these will have crisped up to give you little serving baskets. Remove and cool.
- To serve fill the base of the basket with the Asian-inspired slaw. Top with some shredded duck.
- Dab on some hoisin sauce.