Chicken, galangal and lemongrass with noodles
( SERVES 4 )
- Slice the chicken thighs and combine with the cooking wine, sugar, galangal, lemongrass and salt. Leave them to marinate for 15 minutes.
- Sit a steamer large enough to fit a bowl to hold the chicken, over a saucepan of simmering water.
- Spoon the chicken and marinade into the bowl and place into the steamer. Cover and steam for 20 minutes.
- Let rest while toasting the black and white sesame seeds in a dry pan over a medium heat for about 2 minutes or until fragrant.
- Cook the egg noodles according to the packet instructions then serve with the chicken, sesame seeds and plenty of fresh coriander.