Udon noodles, prawns, fried tofu and watercress
( SERVES 4 )
Photo by Babiche Martens
- Heat the oil in a large frypan. Slice the soft tofu and fry until crispy. Season and drain on paper towels. Keep warm.
- Add the prawns to the hot pan and cook gently for 4 minutes then remove and keep warm.
- Add both stocks, juice of two limes, soy, honey, sweet chilli, vinegar and pepper. Simmer while cooking the noodles in boiling water.
- Drain the noodles and add to the sauce with the prawns and tofu.
- Pick the leaves from the watercress and chop the stalks. Blanch for 30 seconds, drain and add to the noodles, offering fresh limes to squeeze over.