( SERVES 4 )
Photo by Babiche Martens
|2 cups||Pumpkin, grated|
|2 Tbsp||Rice flour|
|2 Tbsp||Ground almonds|
|½ cup||Ricotta cheese|
|2 tsp||Fresh ginger, finely chopped|
|1 tsp||Ground turmeric|
|1 tsp||Chilli, finely chopped, plus extra to serve|
|2 Tbsp||Fresh coriander, finely chopped, plus extra to serve|
|1 splash||Vegetable oil|
|1 pottle||Plain unsweetened yoghurt|
|1||Lemon, cut into quarters to serve|
- In a large bowl, put the pumpkin, flour, almonds, ricotta, ginger, turmeric, chilli and coriander.
- Whisk an egg with a fork and add. Add salt to taste and mix all together thoroughly.
- Heat a large heavy-based fry pan. Add just enough oil to cover the base. Shape the mixture into small balls.
- This may be easier with wet hands. Slightly flatten each kofta then cook for 3-4 minutes on each side or until golden.
- Serve hot with a squeeze of lemon, yoghurt and warmed roti. Extra chopped chilli and coriander can be offered.