Plum cake with plum coulis
|½ tsp||Almond essence|
|1 tsp||Baking powder|
- Preheat oven to 180C. Soften butter. Place in the bowl of a food processor with sugar. Process to combine.
- Add eggs, one at a time. Process after each addition. Add almond essence. Sift over flour and baking powder. Process to just combine.
- Halve plums and remove stones. Chop plums roughly. Add to cake mixture and pulse to just combine.
- Spread mixture into a 21cm ring tin. Sprinkle over streusel topping. Bake for 45 minutes. Cool in tin for 10 minutes.
- Cover a cake rack with baking paper. Turn cake out on to rack. Turn again, streusel side up. Serve warm with plum couli and yoghurt.
- To make streusel topping: Place almonds, sugar and flour in a bowl. Rub in butter to form a crumble. Stir through almond essence.
- To make plum couli: Wash plums and remove stones. Place plums in a saucepan with sugar and water. Slowly bring to the boil and simmer until plum flesh is soft.
- Push juice and flesh through a sieve discarding skins.