Apricot and Orange Shortcake
( SERVES 6 )
A scrumptious shortcake that would be a perfect dessert both for a dinner party or a mid-week meal.
- Place apricots and orange juice in a saucepan and bring to the boil. Simmer for five minutes. Cool.
- Stir in marmalade. Line the base of a 24cm round tart tin with 1½ sheets of pastry, trimming to fit.
- Cover with apricot mixture. Place the second sheet of pastry over the top, trimming to fit.
- Crush sugar cubes roughly and scatter over the pastry top with slivered almonds.
- Bake at 180 degrees C for 35 to 40 minutes or until pastry is cooked.
- Cool for 10 minutes before cutting.