Moroccan peach chutney
( SERVES 8 )
1kg peaches 3½ cups malt vinegar 3 cloves garlic 10cm piece fresh ginger 800g dates 1 tablespoon cumin seeds 1kg brown sugar 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper 2 tablespoons salt Peel peaches, remove stones
- Peel peaches, remove stones and chop flesh roughly.
- Place with vinegar in a large saucepan. Crush garlic, peel and chop roughly.
- Add to peaches. Peel and chop ginger roughly and add to peach mixture with dates and cumin seeds.
- Bring to the boil. Simmer until peaches are soft. Add brown sugar, cayenne pepper and salt.
- Stir to combine. Bring back to the boil and cook for 30 minutes or until thick and glossy.
- Spoon into hot, clean jars and seal.