Spicy mince, tomato and vegetable sauce on coucous
|1 Tbsp||Olive oil|
|1 Tbsp||Fresh ginger|
|1 tsp||Ground cumin|
|1 tsp||Ground coriander|
|½ tsp||Ground turmeric|
|½ tsp||Chilli powder|
|400 g||Beef mince|
|800 g||Chopped tomatoes|
|1 cup||Frozen peas|
|1 to taste||Salt & freshly ground pepper|
|½ cup||Plain unsweetened yoghurt|
|¼ cup||Fresh parsley|
- Heat oil in a large frying pan, add leek(well rinsed and finely sliced) and cook over a medium heat for 5 minutes to soften.
- Add grated fresh ginger and spices, then cook for 1 minute more to release flavours.
- Add mince and stir-fry for 5 minutes to brown. Add tomatoes and water(1 cup water) and bring to the boil, then turn down the heat and simmer for 5 minutes, stirring regularly.
- Add chopped cauliflower, peeled and finely diced pumpkin and frozen peas, then simmer for 10 minutes more, stirring regularly. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- At the same time, place couscous (to serve) in a bowl and pour over ¾ cup boiling water. Cover and leave to steam and soften for 10 minutes.
- Fluff up couscous with a fork and season to taste.
- Serve the spicy mince and vegetables on top of the couscous. Spoon over yoghurt, if desired, and sprinkle with chopped parsley.