Biscotti is the perfect accompaniment to a cup of coffee or is delicious on its own.
- Heat oven to 170 degC fan bake. Scatter almonds over a baking tray and bake for 10 minutes to toast to pale golden brown. Remove to cool. Line baking tray with nonstick baking paper.
- Place eggs, caster sugar and vanilla in a bowl and whisk with an electric mixer until pale and fluffy. Stir in baking powder, salt, toasted almonds and enough flour to form into a firm dough.
- Turn dough out on to a lightly floured work surface and mould into a long, flat log. Place log on prepared oven tray, scatter with sugar and bake for 45 minutes or until golden brown and firm. Remove to cool.
- When cool enough to handle, thinly slice loaf with a serrated knife. Arrange slices on the baking tray in a single layer.
- Reduce oven to 150 degC and bake biscotti for a second time for 20 to 30 minutes or until golden brown all over. Remove to wire racks to cool. Store in an airtight container.