Mango mousse with peanut toffee
Peanut toffee1 cup roasted peanuts, unsalted 2 cups caster sugar 1 cup cold water oango mousse1 mango, peeled and with stone removed Juice of 1 lime 1 egg 2 tbsp caster sugar 2 tbsp Grand oarnier (orange
- First, make the peanut toffee. Spread roasted peanuts out on a metal tray lined with baking paper.
- Combine sugar and water in a saucepan and stir over a low heat until sugar dissolves.
- Bring to the boil, then boil without stirring until the mixture turns golden caramel in colour.
- Pour caramel over peanuts in a thin layer. Leave to set, then break toffee coarsely into shards.
- Cut the mango flesh into cubes and toss with lime juice. Divide the cubed mango between 10 serving glasses.
- Place the egg, sugar and liqueur in a heatproof bowl set over a saucepan of boiling water and whisk with an electric beater until thick and pale (this should take 5 to 8 minutes).
- Remove from the heat and continue whisking for another 5 minutes to cool the mixture.
- Fold in the whipped cream and spoon the mixture over the mango.
- Refrigerate until ready to serve, then top with shards of peanut toffee and serve.