Almond raspberry love hearts
A treat for your loved one for Valentine's Day - a simple heart-shaped cake made even more beautiful by the addition of seasonal berries.
- Heat oven to 190 degC.
- Grease two individual heart-shaped cake tins.
- Sift flour and icing sugar into a bowl.
- Stir in ground almonds and cinnamon and make a well in the centre.
- Pour the melted butter, egg whites and vanilla into the well and stir just enough to combine.
- Divide mixture between prepared tins and scatter surface with raspberries.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until golden brown and set.
- Remove from tins, dust with icing sugar and serve warm with a little whipped or runny cream on the side, if desired.