( SERVES 18 )
|125 g||Butter, softened|
|1 cup||Caster sugar|
|1 tsp||Vanilla essence/extract|
|¼ cup||Passionfruit, pulp with seeds removed|
|1 tsp||Baking powder|
- Heat oven to 160 degC fan bake. Place 18 paper cases in standard muffin pans.
- Place butter, sugar and vanilla in a bowl and beat until pale and creamy.
- Add eggs and beat to combine. Beat in passionfruit pulp. Stir in milk alternating with sifted flour and baking powder.
- Spoon batter into prepared cases and bake for 25 minutes or until firm and golden brown.
- Remove to a wire rack to cool completely. Ice with butter icing.
- Add green food colouring to1/2 cup of royal icing and black food colouring to 1/4 cup.
- Decorate cupcakes by piping leaves from green icing.
- Place Jaffas in the centre of each cupcake and use black-coloured icing to pipe spot patterns on Jaffas to resemble ladybirds.
- Use white royal icing to pipe eyes on ladybirds.