Baked Cauliflower with Eggs and Rice
A warm and hearty cauliflower bake, perfect on its own or as a side dish. Winter fare never tasted so good!
- Cook brown rice in plenty of boiling water for 30 minutes and then drain well. At the same time, hard boil eggs in a saucepan of boiling water for 8 minutes.
- Drain and run under cold water to cool then remove shells.
- Cut cauliflower into small florets and cook in a saucepan of boiling, salted water for 3 minutes then drain well.
- Layer rice, spring onion and cauliflower into a large ovenproof dish. Quarter eggs and scatter over the cauliflower.
- Make a sauce by placing oil, mustard, curry powder and flour in a saucepan. Stir to combine without lumps, then cook for 1 minute, stirring continuously.
- Remove pan from the heat, add milk and stir until smooth, then return to heat and simmer for 5 minutes until sauce is thick.
- Add parsley and season with salt and pepper to taste. Pour the sauce over the cauliflower layers.
- Bake in an oven heated to 200 degC for 20 minutes or until bubbling hot and golden brown.
- Meanwhile, brown the bacon in a frying pan. Sprinkle crisp bacon bits over dish before serving.