( MAKES 16 pieces )
Everyone who came to the test kitchen on our baking day loved these simple classics. Ready in 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 160C fan bake.
- Put rolled oats, coconut, firmly packed brown sugar and vanilla essence into a mixing bowl.
- Melt butter and pour over dry ingredients.
- Stir well to moisten all the mixture, then put into a paper lined 28cm x 15 cm tin. Spread out as a thin layer in the tin. Bake for 25 minutes.
- Remove from oven and mark into pieces with a knife.
- Leave to get completely cold, then take from tin, snapping the biscuits into pieces where marked. Store in an airtight container.
Baking paper lining the tray makes lifting the slice so easy.