Date and peanut butter muffins
( MAKES 12 )
Photo by Tam West
These muffins are nice with butter or, even better, a spread of whipped softened butter, peanut butter and icing sugar.
- Heat the oven to 180C fan bake. Grease a 12-hole standard muffin tin.
- In a large bowl, beat butter, peanut butter and sugar together until pale and creamy. Beat in eggs.
- Slightly warm the milk, adding the dates and baking soda.
- Mix the flours together.
- Combine half the milk mixture with the butter mixture, mix in half the flour, then the rest of the milk mixture, then the rest of the flour. Be careful not to over-mix.
- Spoon batter into prepared tins, sprinkle with sesame seeds. Bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until puffed and golden brown.