Mulled cranberry icecream sauce
- Place red wine, cranberry juice, orange juice and zest, then the spices, into a saucepan.
- Bring to the boil, then simmer for 2 minutes for flavours to infuse.
- Add craisins and simmer for 10 minutes or until the cranberries soften and liquid is reduced by one quarter.
- Add cranberry sauce and sugar, stirring continuously over heat until the cranberry sauce melts into the wine mixture and the sugar is well dissolved.
- Turn down the heat and simmer for 10 minutes or until the sauce is sufficiently thick.
- Remove from the heat and stir in vanilla.
- Pour into sterilised jars and seal securely. Store in a cool, dark place.
- Reheat to serve and pour over icecream.